Anne Bechtold, BBA RN CANS is a Registered Nurse in Texas and 26 other states, including Oklahoma. Anne is an accomplished Aesthetic injector and trainer and is one of the early adopters to use cannulas. She sat for the first Certified Aesthetic Nurse Specialist (CANS) exam offered, therefore making her one of the first 25 in the U.S. to hold the certification.
What is CANS?
Certified Aesthetic Nurse Specialist is a designation awarded by the Plastic Surgical Nursing Board (PSNB) of the International Society of Plastic and Aesthetic Nurses (ISPAN). The CANS certification is standardized and tests for knowledge and skills for all aesthetic treatments: injectables; neuromodulators and fillers, chemical peels and skin care product science, lasers and laser physics, and any aesthetic device used on the face or body. Currently there are less than 25 in the Sate of Texas and 320 in the United States.
Education & Training
Anne Bechtold is a graduate of the University of Oklahoma, 1988, with a Bachelors of Business Administration in Finance (BBA). She later pursued her medical interests at Collin College earning her Associate Degree in Nursing (ADN RN) in 2008. She began her Aesthetic career over 8 years ago beginning with laser treatments and became one of the first Certified Laser Professionals in Texas. Soon after, her interest and focus turned to injectables like Botox, Dysport, and fillers.
Anne has attended extensive training programs throughout the United States since 2010, including but certainly not limited to the Aesthetic Advancements Institute (AAI), Esthetic Skin Institute (ESI), and National Laser Institute (NLI). She earns 25 hours or more of CE credits a year by attending Aesthetic, Cosmetic, and Plastic Surgery conferences throughout the year like the ISPAN’s Annual Meeting. She’s had the honor of working with some of the world’s most highly skilled plastic surgeons through her employment at the Cloister Hotel; post-surgical recovery hotel for Dallas Plastic Surgery Institute (DPSI), Dallas, Tx. DPSI is recognized as the private practice of former UT Southwestern Chief of Plastic Surgery, Dr. Rod J. Rohrich.
Community & Professional Associations
- Frisco Chamber Ambassador 2016 & 2017
- Women Enhancing Business (WEB) member 2016 & 2017
- North Texas Moms in Business VIP member
- Member of International Society of Plastic and Aesthetic Nurses (ISPAN)
- Former Clinical Practice Committee Chairman for ISPAN
- Membership Engagement Committee Co-Chair and
- Social Media Team Leader for ISPAN
- Creator and Administrator of PANI, a Facebook group for Professional Aesthetic Nurse Injectors
- Producer and Host of the YouthfulFX Radio Show
- Producer and Host of THE Aesthetic Podcast with Aesthetic Anne
- Anne and her husband David; members of Gateway Church, Frisco